Mammalian cells are currently the primary system for the production of recombinant proteins for clinical applications due to their capability for proper protein folding, assembly and post-translational modification. These mechanisms ensure the quality and efficacy of protein of interest being produced compared to bacterial systems.
Recently, the productivity in the range of multi-gram per litre has been achieved in mammalian cells cultivate in bioreactors as a result of improvements in media formulation, clonal selection and cell line development. Cell line development services offered by the Protein Science team at Inno Biologics cover molecular biology, cell culture, process development, protein expression and verification.
Cloning and Verification of Gene Expression
- Isolation of gene of interest from biological sources
- Cloning of cDNA encoding protein of interest
- Purification of plasmids / vectors
- Gene expression analysis
- Transfection of expression vectors into mammalian cells
- Screening of transfected cells
- Verification of protein expression and identity
- Expansion of selected clones
Establishment of Cell Lines
- Determination of expression level of selected clones
- Selection of high-producing clones using ClonePixTM FL system
- Establishment of working and master cell banks
- Development, formulation and optimization of medium
- Design and construction of expression vectors
- Custom services based on clients’ requirement for the generation of stable cell lines.